SIMCon is a program that securely images all files on a GSM SIM Card with a standard PC-SC smart card reader, either serial or USB. After imaging, the forensic investigator can then analyze the contents of the card. Remove the SIM card from any GSM phone and insert it into your forensic SIMCon sim card reader. Plug your sim card reader into your computer and launch the SIMCon application. Follow the steps of the software to access the data on the SIM card. Specific information regarding stored numbers, call history, and text messages are available.
All GSM cell phones today have a subscriber identity module (SIM) to identify the phone onto the network. SIMCon is an application to acquire all of the information from the SIM Card.
The SIM Card provides secure storing of the key identifying a mobile phone service subscriber, subscription information, preferences and text messages. Network state information, such as the current location area identity (LAI), is also stored on the card. When a handset is turned off and then back on, it will search for the LAI that it was in, rather than having to search all frequencies that the phone operates in. This saves time when trying to log on to the network.
By using SIMCon and a smart card reader, all of the above information and more can be pulled off of the card without knowing the PIN or the PUK of the card. The PIN and the PUK are ways to keep the information on the card secure. They also can be used as a security feature on the phone, not allowing anyone to use a phone to access the SIM Card without knowing the codes.
SIMCon is an application developed by Inside Out Forensics in Norway. It is designed for use by the law enforcement community, and it can be obtained free of charge by emailing SIMCon and identifying the officers and unit. However, for anyone outside the law enforcement community, it is not free.
- Acquire all available files on a SIM Card and store in an archive file
- Analyze and interpret content of files
- Recover deleted text messages stored on the card
- Manage PIN and PUK codes
- Compatible with SIM Cards and USIM Cards
- Print reports of evidence
- Secure file archive using hashing
- Export items to popular spreadsheet programs
- Supports international charsets
- Contains a "content" view for plain text viewing of data, as well as a hexadecimal view for more specific analysis.
Data Acquisition ::
SIMCon is also capable of aquiring the following data from a SIM Card:
- Abbreviated Dialing Numbers (ADN),
- Last Dialed Numbers (LDN)
- Short Message Service (SMS)
- Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN) selector
- Forbidden PLMNs, Location Information (LOCI)
- General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) location
- International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI)
- Integrated Circuit Card Identifier (ICCID)
- Mobile Subscriber ISDN (MSISDN)
- Service Provider Name (SPN)
- Phase Identification
- SIM Service Table (SST)
- Language Preference (LP)
- Card Holder Verification (CHV1) and (CHV2)
- Broadcast Control Channels (BCCH)
- Ciphering Key (Kc)
- Ciphering Key Sequence Number
- Emergency Call Code
- Fixed Dialing Numbers (FDN)
- Forbidden PLMNs
- Local Area Identitity (LAI)
- Own Dialing Number
- Temporary Mobile Subscriber Identity (TMSI)
- Routing Area Identifier (RIA) netowrk code
- Service Dialing Numbers (SDNs)
- Service Provider Name
- Depersonalizatoin Keys
Buy :: SIMCon $79.95
Official Website :: http://www.simcon.no/index.html