CommandoVM - a fully customized, Windows-based security distribution for penetration testing and red teaming.
Penetration testers commonly use their own variants of Windows machines when assessing Active Directory environments. Commando VM was designed specifically to be the go-to platform for performing these internal penetration tests. The benefits of using a Windows machine include native support for Windows and Active Directory, using your VM as a staging area for C2 frameworks, browsing shares more easily (and interactively), and using tools such as PowerView and BloodHound without having to worry about placing output files on client assets.
Commando VM uses Boxstarter, Chocolatey, and MyGet packages to install all of the software, and delivers many tools and utilities to support penetration testing. This list includes more than 140 tools, including:
- Remote Server Administration Tools
With such versatility, Commando VM aims to be the de facto Windows machine for every penetration tester and red teamer. For the blue teamers reading this, don’t worry, we’ve got full blue team support as well! The versatile tool sets included in Commando VM provide blue teams with the tools necessary to audit their networks and improve their detection capabilities. With a library of offensive tools, it makes it easy for blue teams to keep up with offensive tooling and attack trends.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 10
- 60 GB Hard Drive
- 2 GB RAM
- Create and configure a new Windows Virtual Machine
- Ensure VM is updated completely. You may have to check for updates, reboot, and check again until no more remain
- Take a snapshot of your machine!
- Download and copy
install.ps1on your newly configured machine.
- Open PowerShell as an Administrator
- Enable script execution by running the following command:
- Finally, execute the installer script as follows:
- You can also pass your password as an argument:
.\install.ps1 -password <password>
Detailed Installation Instruction: Click Here
Download: Commando VM
Official Website: FireEye